Shellac Help

I am converting an old organ into a bar, and am looking for the best way to completely seal the keys. There are small gaps between keys and I am wondering how this will affect things. Will the shellac fill these gaps and remain smooth on top? anything I should be careful of?
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:22:31 -0700, Cameron Williams wrote:

Many of us would like to convert our old organs...

If it stays a bar for more than 4 hours, call a doctor.
-Doug
--
"It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among
[my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between
On 23 Oct 2004 16:22:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Cameron Williams) wrote:

you're biting off a hornets nest, if I may mix my metaphors.
I'd have a nice thick, like 1/2", piece of tempered glass made that covers everything and make sure the edges are sealed.

It would take 200 coats of shellac to fill them and shellac is not alcohol proof so it is a poor selection for a bar.
I'd use an epoxy or polyester resin to fill the gaps. Once filled, I'd coat the whole thing with the resin or maybe polyurethane.