Shellac

Awesome stuff, BIN is! I love the way that stuff sands when used as an MDF primer. The fact that they made it available in spray bombs for quickie jobs is another plus.
Barry
I misspoke. B-I-N is a three pound cut. I agree with you about the ease of sanding. As shellac, it sands well but it can be a real pain to use in hot weather as it dries so fast. I'm starting to add little retarder to it

Dewaxed shellac can be used under any finish, I've read. Waxy shellac can be used under some finishes, believe oil based but could be wrong. Zinssers Seal Coat is dewaxed with 3 year shelf life.