Shelf liner

Just got my Feb FWW. One tip mentions a shelf liner on a push stick. The 3rd world has never heard of a shelf liner. Please give me an idea of what it made of so can get something similar. TIA
******
eat the samoosa to reply

Ahh! The push stick had me bamboozled for a bit. Sounded like a hot dog on a stick or summat.
They're talking about a sheet of rubber-like material with holes in it. If you search in the router section of some suppliers, they sell something similar for keeping flat stock from skittering around while you rout it. Advantage being no clamps. Glue some of this to a push stick and you now have a push stick which will not slip. The shelf liner version is much thinner and cheaper than that sold for routing.
Slick for lining bathroom drawers with slidy bottom. Bit of sprat adhesive in the corners and items stay pretty well in place instead of sliding to the back.
On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 06:07:51 GMT, Lobby Dosser

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 06:07:51 GMT, Lobby Dosser

Thanks now I know what they are talking about. Here you can by it at auto shops as a boot/trunk mat to stop things sliding around.
******
eat the samoosa to reply

You're welcome.
Lobby Dosser wrote:

And the one sold for routing doesn't work all that well.
--
It's turtles, all the way down

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 08:35:54 -0700, Larry Blanchard

It hasn't for me, either. 8^(
I quickly went back to using clamps or carpet tape to hold the work to the bench.

Shelf liners work most of the time for me IF I double it up and periodically rinse and hang them to dry. Speaking of shelf liner, does anyone have a source for thin rolled cork. I think this rubber shelf lining is a royal pain in my cabinets.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pI413&cat=1,250,43298,43300 I think Rockler has it too. Andy
ROY! wrote:

I just bought a good sized roll of 1/8" cork at Meijers (chain grocers) in their school & arts supplies aisle.
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

Hey Bill, do they have any stores in New Jersey?
ROY! wrote:

Dunno ... DAGS and see. Or else just drive around New Jersey for a while ;-)
This link might work for you ... I used "cork sheet" as the search term. http://www.flex-a-chart.com/tan_cork.htm
It looks like the Meijer site (http://www.meijer.com /) is rejecting Firefox ... I can't imagine it throwing a 404 error when I click on "Products" ... but it does. So I clicked on another link and got the same response. I have Opera, Netscape and MSIE here, but darned if I'm going to fire them up so I can spend money with someone. If they want me to respond to their website, their website will have to respond to my browser.
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

Ain't that the truth! Good idea though.
On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 06:37:39 +0200, Phil Hansen

This rubber "woven" material is commonly sold in numerous stores. I have used one to hold small pieces while routing. Also used under rugs to keep them from slipping. I've seen varying qualities of this material. Comes in many colors. Be careful--because rubber contains sulphur it can react with many materials and permanently "stain" them.