Sheet goods carrier

http://www.gorillagripper.com/videos/index.html
I don't recall seeing this posted before. Seems pretty efficient, but kinda pricey at $50. I prefer the commercial video - you'll see why. No affiliation, etc.
Buddy

Wood Magazine reviewed this and a couple of other,less expensive types several months ago.
you could make one out of birch plywood and some rubber inner tube.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

the issue is #177,July 2007,page 26
Stanley panel carry;$6 stanleytools.com The Pocket Troll;$20 telproduct.com The Troll;$30 telproduct.com.

and you could make the handle so your arm is not over your shoulder,too.
a cam-type handle that grips the panel against a opposite-side fixed piece.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I've got The Troll and it works just fine... especially nice to be able to roll large heavy panels on edge through tight spaces.
John

The plastic version I use that hooks under the sheet was $3. <G>
Have a friend in our wood club that has one and doesn't like it. I thought it would work nice but after his comments decided against it. He is a wood shop teacher.
Tim

"tdup2" wrote in message

I too thought the design sucked ... off the cuff, I would much rather lift, with my arm over the sheet and using the muscles in my shoulder and entire arm to carry the load, instead of what appears to be a load on the wrist.
Then again, I saw it at the last woodworking show, but did not try it ... I could well be missing something.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Tried this at a ww show a couple years ago and it worked well.
I think the commercial, you know, with the young woman, has her lifting 1/2, but who cares!
I have one of those plastic thingies that lifts from the bottom and it is always tough to maneuver. I'd buy one but I think I will pass due to the price.
MJ

What a cheesy stereotypical commercial.
--
mare