Shed roof question

Page 2 of 2

And for another few bucks put radiant heat in the floor so it's warmer in the winter.
John

I store things in the roof space in my shed... things like PVC pipe, a string trimmer, pole trimmer, lengths of gutter, etc. that are relatively light and bulky. The space is so useful for those kinds of things that as I repair the adjoining shed I'm getting rid of the nearly flat shed roof and putting a gable roof on.
John
I have to agree with the Roof Overhang. I used enough 18" on one shed and too little (10") on another and the door of the latter suffers when it rains and the dirt splashes up and covers the bottom.
Ventilation (ridge vents - Yes!) is another thing one should seriously consider for any structure.
And, I wire mine for lights (minimum) even if I don't yet have power to them - just plan to when I get a round tuit.
Pitch also helps keep the leaves on/off - no?
I added rainwater barrels so the pitch heps
"Is there a "common' aesthetic when it comes to roofs "
Short answer "Look around you!" See "what's common" in your area/
Fellow with the idea of mimicking your house had a good suggestion. We did that with a shed once and copied the windows, shingles and even the same vinyl siding. From a distance, it looked like a part of the house itself.
Who are you looking to please?
Hoosierpopi wrote:

I did the same with my shed. All my neighbors want one. :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Hoosierpopi wrote:

I built a pool/gardening shed (8' x 12') that included a 2' porch on one end. Classy. Dang porch swing didn't work worth spit though.
    elegance is my most important product,     jo4hn

No. <grin>
That said, out-buildings tend to 'look funny' if they are taller than their widest dimension.

It depends on locale.
As with house roofs, if you're looking at snow loads measured in feet, the requirements are far different than if you're just shedding water.
The simplest guideline is 'make it high enough to store the tallest thing you'll put in the shed'. :)
Some people like to store stuff -- either 'long', or 'bulky but lightweight' types -- "overhead". This calls for a higher roofline than if everything will sit on the floor, or shelves.
If you're using shelving, consider where the top shelf will be, and how much clearance you'll have between there and the roof.