Shed Plans

anyone have a link to some good (free) plans for garden sheds? SWMBO thinks the 20 year old gable shed is ugly and wants a new one.
I lost all of my links I gathered through the years from the WRECK. sorry.

This is just the first of a bunch of links that came up with a simple google search on "free shed plans"... http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_improvement/home_improvement/1276231.html
I have to ask though - why plans? Why not just build it?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Ok - sometimes it's just too easy to overlook that not everybody that does woodworking is familiar with basic framing.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

SWMBOs like pretty pictures
Drop by the book store or supermarket magazine shelf and look at the house plan magazines. Many of these have shed and garage plans in the back and include web site addresses. Also Google for house plans - You will get similar results.
Ron B

Do you have any local wind code rules (earthquake etc). If so the building department may have a code compliant shed plan for free. Lee County Florida does this to avoid problems with non-compliant structures when your neighbor rats you out to code enforcement (or simply to have a structure that wil survive your local brand of nature's fury). They probably have a web site where you can get a PDF.
Geek:
geek wrote:

Always, and I mean always, do a "Google" and you'll find plenty.
For inexpensive, paid plans, look at "Family Handyman" magazine. For the last 3/4 years, every July/August issue they've run a set of plans for different size sheds. In some cities, your local library will have the magazine. Easy to get a copy and photocopy it. Or, just pony up $10 or so and get the plans.
I also found that the "u-build" series of plans has a good set of shed plans. Used one some years ago and it came out good.
Good luck. Build it bigger then you think you need - usually most municipalities don't have a problem with 10x12 sheds. But check first, if you don't have a lot of space between you and your neighbor.
Good luck. There's a lot of good stuff out there!
MJ Wallace