shed design

Page 3 of 3

Interesting. Around here, if you build it stationary, as is on posts, they add it to your property tax values and it has to have a building permit. If it is on skids, it is not subject to inspections or taxes. Mine is on 4 x 6 skids, then with a couple trailer tie down straps. I use truss to wall connector clips to make sure the skids do not pull loose from the floor when it is moved by dragging it with a chain.
--
Jim in NC

That's not unique, but I'm sure not universal, either. Some time back a neighbor built a pole barn in his yard. He set it on 6" of gravel and used PT two-bys, raised off the ground, for flooring. As long as it was sitting on the ground, no inspections and no taxes.
On 2/21/2011 9:16 PM, Morgans wrote:

Building codes vary from community to community. I can't see me wanting to move my shed anytime, ever, but if I really had to, I could unbolt it from the posts, jack it up, put it on dollies and roll it anywhere. We did that once with a cottage on an island that was a lot bigger than my shed.
--
Jack