shear streng of deck screw?

what is the shears strength of a deck screw?
Or where can I find such information?

There are many variations of "deck" screws. try www.mcfeeleys.com

True and Mcfeelys probably has every variation known to man. I know they send me a catalog every now and then and the options seem endless. And yes, there are high strength versions -high shear- but these will encroach on lag prices I believe.

A ballpark number is that the shear strength is about 0.6 of the tensile strength.
Bruce T

ok..thankyou......great inputs