sharpening service

Page 2 of 2

Try to remember to post a follow up on this. I have to wonder, every time I hear about such things as "old steel" and "higher quality" this or that, just what the difference really is. Certainly we all are familiar with quality difference in some things, but we've all also seen where the differences between "lesser" and "higher" quality is only measurable on a spec sheet. Curiosity has me anxious to see what your results are.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Might be a couple of weeks, I but I will certainly try- actually, if they're as good as he was claiming, it'll probably be on here as a gloat at those prices!
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Once upon a time I bought some jointer blades from Harbor Freight. That was a lesson learned well. Blunted on contact with pine.
They were replaced with freuds, with which I was very happy. Yes there are shit-grade modern knives knives out there. He may have been comparing his vintage knives with generic bottom-end knives of Chinese manufacture (not to say that all items of Chinese manufacture are of poor quality, but frankly, many are).
Then again, it's only a $10 experiment.
-Steve