sharpening files with acid

Somebody told me about this and I tried it. It does a lot better for dull files than I would imagine Rogaine does for hair. I took an old flower vase and filled it with muriatic acid. I placed all my old rasps and files in there and waited about four days. I washed the acid off the files with an old can of generic soda pop and they are noticeably sharper (not just cleaner) but not quite as sharp as brand new.

Reply to
edswoods.1

BOGGS TOOL & FILE SHARPENING COMPANY

connection to seller blah,blah,blah.

Reply to
Wood Butcher

I read a very old carpentry book once, that described a way to sharpening files with sandblasting, something with sandblasting against the back of the teeth to remove the worn part of the teeth. I would think you are doing something similar with the acid. fredb

Reply to
fredb