Sharpening Carbide - ScarySharp?

I see that DMT has an 8000"mesh" diamond stone and was wondering if I could use that to get my router bits "scary sharp", or at least sharper than how they come from the factory.
Any thoughts?
JP
"Jay Pique" wrote:

1) If they are cheap bits, shit can them.
2) If they are good bits, send them out and have them done.
You can't get there from here.
Lew

As the crystaline structure of carbide is rather course in microscopic terms, 'scary sharp' isn't possible. But I could be wrong.
If they are HSS they can be lapped in relatively short order. Make sure you keep the bit flat to the stone. I do this with my HSS router bits regularly using an old medium (I think) diamond stone. As for carbide it can be done but will take a looooong time.
Jay Pique wrote:

I sharpen my carbide-tipped router bits all the time using the DMT credit card sized plates. Works like a charm.
On Sep 20, 12:18 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I've got those same plates, but mine don't appear to be flat. I just sharpened a Bahco scraper blade (carbide) with the extra fine (green) card and it did a really good job. (I went across the card to avoid the curve). I think I'm going to invest in a DMT Dia-Sharp 8000 grit diamond stone and see just how sharp I can get those router bits. And if it's really 8k, that'll put a great edge on chisels in no time. Plus, it should stay flat for a long, long time. It's on the list... JP