Sharpening carbide router bits

When I Google this topic I get a variety of sharpening tips most using "diamond paddles" which I've found at Rockler and other sites for a reasonable price ($14.99 for 3 grits). I'm wondering if you can really sharpen carbide bits with these. Has anybody tried? If so, how'd you do? Thanks.
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:31:12 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I tried cleaning the flat with diamond paddles on a basic bit and didn't see a real difference.
I get my better (+$50) bits professionally sharpened for ~ $10. My local Woodcraft can send them out, or I can get them to CT Saw or Ballew Tools.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Carbide is hard enough you will spend a long time getting the bits truely sharp. You can touch them up if they aren't very dull but if they are they really need power equipment to sharpen.

If the cost of sending them out and getting them back is less than a new bit, do that. Otherwise, just buy a new bit. I've never had any luck (patience?) to succeed to any measurable degree with diamond paddles.
jc