sharpening

I am new to your group and noticed that all the messages re: sharpening are quite old. I am from the Peterborough area of Ontario and if anyone needs tools sharpened I would recommend C & J Precision Tool Grinding. Great turn around time and they do a fantastic job. Just got my planer blades back, and what a diffence. Can't get this kind of edge with any home sharpening system. Give them a try!

I use scary sharp, I rub the chisel side to side rather than forward/backward. No jig. I find it is pretty easy to hold an angle when going side to side.
Before I started doing that, I used a jig and found I had to only sharpen on the pull stroke to avoid tearing up the sandpaper.
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 04:16:38 GMT, Steve Knight

Quite litigious aren't you? Attoneys can be a hassle when trying to get sharp tools.... :-)
Layne