sharp chisels... too sharp :(

Page 2 of 2

tmbg wrote:

That's a strange coincidence. I had to go to the hospital on Sunday because my hand slipped while using a chisel and I made a very deep cut into my thumb. I guess I was lucky the chisel was sharp because the flap of skin layed right down and with pressure there was minimal bleeding. They used a type of super glue on the thumb to keep it sealed for a few days. So, been there, don't want to do that again. I felt stupid for making such a blunder. But it happens. Anyone else cut themselves within the last few days?
Jim Moyseenko snipped-for-privacy@osu.edu

I sliced'n'diced myself when I first tried out scary sharp. Innocently turned in my chair from table to buffing wheel, left hand moved a little faster than right, just bumped the plane iron. ouch. More of the same over the next few days, til I learned to use much wider, slower motions. Scar tissue in the tip of my index finger hurts when I press down on thin chisels. Constant reminder, it's a Good Thing(TM) ;)
--
"Keep your ass behind you."

if it was sharper it would not hurt (G) my sister cut herself passed out on the floor and was snoring with her eyes open. funny as hell (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Please read other stories in the Accident Survey and contribute your's at http://www.woodworking.org /. Some of these stories will scare you sh*tless! And make you think think think before you do something.