sharp chisels... too sharp :(

I sliced'n'diced myself when I first tried out scary sharp. Innocently turned in my chair from table to buffing wheel, left hand moved a little faster than right, just bumped the plane iron. ouch. More of the same over the next few days, til I learned to use much wider, slower motions. Scar tissue in the tip of my index finger hurts when I press down on thin chisels. Constant reminder, it's a Good Thing(TM) ;)

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Have heart. The finger I nailed with that backsaw was numb for a long time, but the feeling has gradually come back. You might indeed regain some or all of the feeling in that thumb.

Reply to
Silvan

Please read other stories in the Accident Survey and contribute your's at

Some of these stories will scare you sh*tless! And make you think think think before you do something.

Layne

Reply to
Layne

This reminds me of a story Jesse Ventura told on one of the talk shows...Letterman I think. He was in one of those instensive Navy SEAL training ordeals that last something like 3 straight days with no sleep.

Anyways, the day's training caused everyone to have blisters on their thumbs. The drill instructor had everyone line up and asked them if anyone had blisters. No one raised their hands, but like an "idiot" (his words) Jesse Ventura raised his. The instructor called him to the front and asked which hand had the blister. "Both", Ventura said. The instructor then asked him if he was right or left handed. I think Ventura said right-handed. The instructor then ordered him to rip off the blister on his left thumb with his right hand. Ventura, in agonizing pain did it. The insturctor asked him if it hurt. Ventura said no. Then, the instructor ordered him to now rip off the blister on his right thumb with his left hand. Ventura painfully did that. The instructor told him to get back in line and asked the rest of the group if they had blisters. Needless to say no one said a thing.

Okay, this story had nothing to do with dropping a razor....

Layne

Reply to
Layne