Shaping Question

Using simple hand tools or hand-held power tools what is the best way to transform a piece of 1/4" x 1" stock in to a triangular section with a base of 1/4". I have not had any luck in coming up with a jig might accomplish the effectively.
Zephod100 wrote:

Isosceles triangle? You could use a router with a bit that will cut 1" wide or more by attaching a spacer to one side of the router base so that the bit is canted by 1/8". Be a bit fussy and needs two passes but could be done. I've done similar when I want mortices that aren't perpendicular to the top surface.
-- dadiOH ____________________________
Yes, an Isosceles triangle.
Zephod100 wrote:

How long is the piece? That might affect the feasability of various ideas.
What about starting with a much wider piece, then doing an angled rip, flipping the board end for end and doing another angled rip tilted the other way?
Tilted base for router table? hand (or power) plane?
Chris
The piece is 24" long
I have a router table, I don't have a table or band saw to do an angled rip. My thoughts were more router or hand plane based. I will have to look at the tilting the base on the router table.
Temporarily fasten you 1x1x24 inch stock right on the edge of a larger base piece of wood - say 6x24 - using carpet tape, hot glue, screws, or ??? You can then easily hold your stock to hand plane it to the desired profile, then flip it around to get the other side. I'm sure you could also figure out how to tip the base to use a router table - if you have a bit with a cutting edge longer than 1", and a jointer type split fence on your router table.
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email