Shaper vs. Router?

You're welcome. FWIW, my FIL lives near Springfield, MO and when I'm there, I take advantage of the time to visit Grizzly. I took a hands-on look at their shapers (this was after I had bought mine). IMO, (and my opinion only), I think the Woodtek is a little better made -- the fence seems a bit better, much as I cuss at my Woodtek fence at times, the Grizzly fence seemed to have the potential to be more of a pain.

As I say, this is my own opinion, and was based only upon some time in the showroom playing with the Griz.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Some cutters have multiple profiles (e.g., two different sized radius round overs). Turning the cutter over to use some of the profiles would require running the cutter in the opposite direction.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

By Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:06:06 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) decided to post "Re: Shaper vs. Router?" to rec.woodworking:

Have to respond to this .sig:

Miss America contest has 50 candidates and presidential contest has only 2 or 3 -- because, quite frankly, can you imagine the bathing suit or talent contests for president?? I shudder to think of it.

Now back to woodworking: jointers rule! Ties with drill press for most used machine in my shop, even over the table saw, band saw and chop saw, and of course the router table!

/ts

Reply to
/..