Shaper vs. Router?

Page 2 of 2
Any time when you are forced to run against the grain....mjh
--

"Mark Jerde" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.no.spam.net> wrote in message
news:k7PSb.5884$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...

Some cutters have multiple profiles (e.g., two different sized radius round overs). Turning the cutter over to use some of the profiles would require running the cutter in the opposite direction.
John

My shaper is much quieter than my routers and is more relaxing to use on big projects. A shaper will always take considerable setup time: you don't just throw on a cutter and go. For one board, a router will be faster; for 5 or a hundred, the shaper is the way to go. I use the rule of moving the lightest thing, so if I'm rounding over a 20 ft board I will use the router. Howe