SHAPED GUITAR CASE

http://www.kevinchilcott-luthier.co.uk/private/making-a-shaped-guitar-case-p1.htm
Not exactly what I was looking for, but close enough. Hell, I even got poetry as one of the hits. I've been thinking of making a case for my banjo - I'm finally going to get back to working on that - and didn't want to re-invent the wheel, but did want to see what kinda cases people have made. This is all I've come across so far, but if I can't find anything more, it'll be a good inspiration. Google is our friend.
JOAT I am, therefore I think.
On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 03:31:50 -0500, J T wrote:
I've actually been thinking about how to build instrument cases myself. One method I've pondered is the use of paper mache. I was thinking of using 1/8 inch hardboard for the main structural stuff and paper mache to put it all together. Might use cloth instead of paper, and there are lots of different glue possibilities. In my research I've seen examples of chairs and other furniture made with the stuff. I was thinking it would be like those cedar canoes made of an epoxy fiberglass sandwich only in this case it would be a hardboard mache sandwich. It would be a messy job, and the surface would have to be painted. I'd also probably put an inch or so of packing foam inside as padding. I've even considered doing something up using the cedar strip canoe idea. A cedar epoxy fiberglass instrument case would look great. A lot of work for an instrument case though.
D. G. Adams

http://www.kevinchilcott-luthier.co.uk/private/making-a-shaped-guitar-case-p1.htm