Shakypuddin

I thought: "Wowsa, that's a mean bag of coffee beans."
But it was just an earthquake.

5.5 but that's Canadian units. Somewhere near Ottawa. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US10/42.52.-80.-70.php . . . . . Well, it's the most excitement I had all day....<G>
*cue Lew and the other left Coasters*
On 6/23/2010 11:50 AM, Robatoy wrote:

When you get to be my age you can do what I do. I set my phone to vibrate, put in my front pocket and wait for someone to call me.
;-)

5.5 but that's Canadian units. Somewhere near Ottawa. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US10/42.52.-80.-70.php . . . . . Well, it's the most excitement I had all day....<G>
*cue Lew and the other left Coasters*
"Earthquakes in Canada and icy blue winds ..."

I felt it in S.E. Michigan. At first, I wondered if I had too little sleep and too much coffee.
Hmmm. I didn't feel a thing (also in SE Michigan)
Maybe once you've been in a 7.5 a mere 5.5 doesn't even register??

It wasn't much. I thought it might be heavy construction equipment or a fly bye from the Air Guard at first. Aksi, I was in the upper part of the RenCen, The building sway may have made it more noticeable than at ground level.
That might do it, I was in Troy at the time.

I didn't feel a thing either. (7th floor apartment, Toronto, Ontario). Think I was doing dishes at the time. Only heard about the quake after a friend coming to visit me, called on the phone saying she didn't want to come into the building. She didn't actually feel the quake either, but was hanging outside with a number of other building residents milling around.
I first felt a quake about 20 years ago. Remember thinking I was a little dizzy or perhaps was having stroke or something. My friend who is Dutch, had never felt a quake before. Took me a good ten minutes on the phone to talk her into coming up to my apartment. Tried hard not to tease her or to laugh at her concerns. Women get mad at that sort of thing.

Had one during an interview. So much for that!
"oh yeah, that guy"
Also, from what I heard and the G20 about to commence in Toronto, a number of people feeling the quake thought it was some terrorist bomb going off. :)
I got a kick out a article on the quake that mentioned that according to users on Twitter, "The strongest tremors were felt in Canada"
Duh?