Shaker-style utility table

I made a Shaker-style utility table with two drawers. It is made from pine and I turned two birch knobs for it. I used a wood conditioner and used a honey gel stain--no blotches(!). My question is how to protect it since it is a softwood. What can be used to make it look Shaker, yet tough? I will use in a theater room to store remotes and media. TIA

sanding sealer or shellac and rather many coats of paste wax, each of which was rubbed with 0000 steelwool and then rubbed out with a "lambswool" pad. Lasts fine.
--
Best regards
Han

Gel poly. I use some funky UK stuff called "Patina" that's not quite your usual gel poly. One coat is inadequate, two coats is hardwearing, three coats looks like plastic.