shaft for ancient bandsaw needed

Anybody know where I can pick up a drive pulley shaft for a Craftsman/King Seeley 12" bandsaw (103.0103)? It is 4 1/2" long, 5/8" diameter, and the keyway must be 1/8" wide. Length is not all that important but the keyway must be 1/8. Seems like the keyed shafts that I have found have 3/16 keyways for 5/8 shafts. TIA.     mahalo,     jo4hn

Have you tried calling Sears? One thing Sears does well is stock parts for everything they sell for years and years.
I've got an old Craftsman 12" bandsaw (might even be the same model you've got, I don't have the model number at hand). When I needed parts, I ordered them right off the Sears parts website.

That's amazing. My experiences with Sears parts of late is that they are quickly discontinuing things and parts are no where to be found. Even the local Sears repair shops don't have any squirreled away. Seems they're trying to get out of the parts business more and more, and... steer you to a new purchase.
--
-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com
Mike Marlow wrote:

--
--John

Yes. There was no problem identifying the part I needed, the problem was that it was not in stock anymore.
--
-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com
Unless I need them, apparently, then it's "we only stock for ten years after a model is discontinued."
I'd slim down the key with the Dremel or go to a machine shop and have them make a keyway.

Roy Smith wrote: [snip]

There haven't been much in the way of parts for this model (made in ~1940). Now you can't even get to the parts drawings. Same for a newer model that I thought might show some crossover in parts.     mahalo,     jo4hn

You could make a 3/16 to 1/8 shouldered or stepped key. Key stock material is not that hard, making it easy to file.
Frank
Slip a 1/16 shim into the wide slot. It always goes the same way, so even the 1/8 key may be OK. Not an elegant answer, but may well be OK. If the shim is hard to handle, glue it to the 1/8 key. Wilson

Any local machinist/toolmaker? It sounds easy to make one. Or try the alt.metalworking group... Mark L.
jo4hn wrote:

Enco has what you need. Do a google search for Enco, they have exactly what you need. mike