shadow box plans

Does anyone know where I can find plans for a military shadow box?
Tue, May 8, 2007, 12:43am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@cox.net doth mumble: Does anyone know where I can find plans for a military shadow box?
What's a military shadow box? I spent 20+ years in the military, and never heard of one. Or maybe that's after my time, part of the 'new' military.
"J T" wrote in message

IMO, an estrogen fueled conspiracy involving a hanging box w/glass cover for putting military geegaws/medals in for display, instead of a cardboard box in the closet, where I cheerfully had mine for 30 years. That is until SWMBO and daughter surreptitiously put them in a "shadow box" for a father's day about five years ago and proudly hung it on a wall in my office, although I preferred the cardboard box, in the shadows of the closet, but was left no wiggle room without appearing the ungrateful ass they rightly suspect, as with most estrogen fueled conspiracies.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Excessive estrogen seems to be a mounting problem not totally unlike global warming. Some times I have to wade through it when my sister in-law comes over to sew with my wife. One would think that my son and I would balance everything out but I am here to tell you the estrogen is a much more powerful and "leaky" item when compared to testosterone. I have seen your shadow box and its "huge". You may want to have the seals checked before it begins to leak. ;~)
"Leon" wrote in message

Yeah ... especially when playing cards!! ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Perhaps you need to get something to counter this menacing estrogen influence. May I suggest this; (scroll down the page)
http://www.bullsballs.com/chevy/truck/accessories.html
<BG>
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

LOL ... unfortunately, as men eventually learn, the biggest in the world are only effective for a very short period of time at best against estrogen influenced assaults.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in 3334.bay.webtv.net:
<snip>

Those of us not there probably wouldn't understand.
Can we express our gratitude for your service in some other way?
Patriarch
Wed, May 9, 2007, 10:57am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net (Patriarch) doth sayeth: Those of us not there probably wouldn't understand. Can we express our gratitude for your service in some other way?
Definitely one of those "you had to be there" moments.
Hmm, short, cute, human female, maybe 150 lbs, non-smoker, that likes housework, would do it. We'll consider it a sacrifice for the Woodworking Gods too. If sent with kids, you will suffer.
No bad memories from those times. A few of having the crap almost scared out of me, but nothing I try to repress. It's all stored in memory, I don't need anything stuck on a wall to remember.
"J T" wrote in message

Hehe ... well said. Know the feeling, precisely!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

I'll upload a basic one to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. I made it for a friend of mine who wanted to display a mini pop can. You'll have to modify the design to suit what it is you want to display.
I, also, have been asked to make a shadow box. I cannot find any plans but here is a picture with dimensions. That is what I am going to start with. http://www.freedomdisplaycases.com/detail1.php?idr=4
On Wed, 9 May 2007 00:06:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but that picture should tell you all you need to know for building one. To start, what you need to do is get all the articles together that will be displayed, lay them out in a suitable fashion on some type of pad covered backer board and then measure. Length, width and slightly more thickness than the thickest object to be display including enough space for the glass and you're set to go. It's basically a box with a framed glass lid.