SF Bay area source for Redwood?

Looking for Select Heart or better, at a good price. Does anyone have a favorite source around here? Most yards seem to have some, but I have not found one that specializes in redwood or has particularly attractive prices or selection. I would be happy to drive a little if that helps.
Cheers, Shawn

Shawn
You might try Big Creek Lumber in Santa Cruz, I have bought redwood in Santa Cruz and it was better and cheaper that what I could get in the South Bay area.
Good Luck,
Al
Muir Woods located about 12 miles north of Golden Gate bridge. http://www.visitmuirwoods.com
Sorry could not resist
Keith

Try Plywood and Lumber Sales (PALS) in Oakland. They sell wholesale to cabinet shops and contractors. I get my hardwoods there. If they have Redwood it will be the best price a retail buyer can get. They are open Saturdays too. Bad neighborhood but great people and prices.
They other place I get Cedar and construction type lumber is in San Leandro or Hayward, around there somewhere. Called Golden State or something along those lines. They are pretty good at giving advice and prices over the phone. The other place is 84 lumber. Still better than retail but usually not too helpful. A bunch of wanabee construction guys who couldn't make it in the real world so they work at the lumber supplier. You have to deal with there shit but they usually have stock on hand.
BW

BTW, how much (approximate) for rough saws FAS 4/4, 6/4 for Red Oak and Hard Maple? In Kansas City, at Liberty Hardwood rough sawn Red Oak around $1.75 to $2.75 b/f and Hard Maple starting $2.75 b/f (that was 2 yrs ago before they moved from Independence to North KC). They have wide selections' dirt-cheap plywood plus free delivery. They also have stores in other Midwestern States.
http://libertyhardwoodsinc.com/company.asp

Been to Golden States, found mostly construction lumbers, not helpful. Look around didn't see any Ceder, Red Oak or Hard Maple.
Someone told me Macbeath in Berkeley is pretty cheap, I have not been there yet. http://www.macbeath.com/order/index.html

I use these guys, too. And I agree about the neighborhood. But good people, and good product, at very competitive prices.

I can never get into Macbeath in Berkeley. Parking sucks. But they have been there 50+ years, and they sponsor Norm on PBS...
I have abuddy who builds fences for a living. Walked away from the banking business 30 years ago, because it was driving him crazy. He's the goto fence guy in Contra Costa County. He uses Diablo Timbers, or something like that, a wholesale only yard up in American Canyon, just north of Vallejo. Really nice product, if you're the right customer.
Patriarch
Somebody wrote:
> Someone told me Macbeath in Berkeley is pretty cheap, I have not been > there yet.
SFWIW, Here in L/A, Macbeath has been totally non competitive, everytime I've asked for a quote.
Lew