Setting up a workshop in my garage.

Just looking for suggestions on how to best set up my garage into a workshop. Pictures, ideas, websites would be great.
I currently have a single car garage that I want to transform into my shop.
Ryan Morin wrote:

IMO put everything you can on wheels. My shop is in a single-car garage and I now have enough tools I'm always having to move stuff around.
-- Mark
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:02:40 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

HERESY!
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

LOL!
And *don't* tell SWMBO!
-- Mark
Somebody go and explain to him the error of his ways! A man can never have enough tools.....EVER!

Everything on wheels that you can. I've got all my stuff on mobile stands except for the DP. Everything else is movable, and that's for a 2 car garage shop. You can NEVER have enough space, so try to utilize all the walls and some of the ceiling areas for storage. Put in plenty of 110 & 220 outlets and enough light fixtures that you can see at all workstations without shadows. Try to arrange the equipment for the most logical workflow and capitalize on the large door opening for long lumber operations. Get as many roller stands as you can afford. I have 5 or 6, plus an outfeed table for my TS. The roller stands can be used with the jointer, planer, router table, and TS. They are too short to work with my Powermatic BS, as it has a very high table.
Get some graph paper and cut out the shapes of your equipment and visualize the space needed around them for you AND the work.
dave