Setting jointer knives, had a thought.

Thought about after reading how important it is to set jointer knives equal to the outfeed table why couldnt you lay a wide magnet on the edge of the outfeed table to "hold" the knives at that level while tightening them down instead of using a dial indicator? Would this work?

http://www.right-tool.com/joinpalmagjo.html
--
Regards,
Can I use just a magnet instead of paying the 30-100 bucks for that fixture? Doug Miller wrote:

Two posters already said you could....

Why not try it and see?
--
Regards,

Haven't we been here before?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
stryped wrote:

Yup. Commercial magnetic setting jigs are also available.
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 05:56:46 -0700, stryped wrote:

That's how I have always done it. I lay two heavy duty rectangle magnets on the outfeed table and 'have at it'.
There's another way? Who knew?
Bill