Set of nice chisels

Hello to all. I Live on Vancouver Island and am having a heck of a time finding a good quality set of cabinet makers chisels. I would preffer second hand, something well used (and well care for). If you have anything please contact me. Thank you
Mike Billings
Many of the Wreckers swear by Marples Bluechips...
dave
Michael Billings wrote:

Please don't make this mistake. They are soft and will require resharpening too often. Marples may have been good in the past but today I consider them junk.
I replaced mine with Lie-Nielsen chisels recently and the difference is beyond words.
RB
Bay Area Dave wrote:

RB:
Where did you get Lie-Nelson Chisels? I have heard that they haven't started shipping them yet and that they are in development.
Rich

time
They started shipping small quantities a while back. There is a list of folks that expressed an interest and it is being serviced, apparently in the order we signed up. They are nice.
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/chisel.html
RB
RKON wrote:

$250 Ouchhhhh. I just order a set of Hirsch's from Lee Valley for $87. I'm sure the LN's are wonderful but this newbie still has to buy a Jointer and Band Saw.
Rich

Lie-Nielsen was at the Sacramento Woodworking show this weekend. They had a sample chisel there, and indicated that they had started shipping from the pre-order list. They took my order, and indicated 6 to 8 weeks delivery time.
IIRC, US$250 for 5 chisel set, with leather tool roll.
I'm tired of messing with my Blue Chips. These are LN quality tools.
Patriarch
my reply about bluechips was tongue-in-cheek. I think they bite! at least the black handle ones that HD carries which are almost the same price as the bluechips.
dave
patriarch wrote:

Guess you didn't know I was joking about Marples! :) I think they SUCK, but others have argued with me. <g>
dave
RB wrote:

Dave By The Bay:
I don't think people pay any attention to your posts. You sound like John Kerry who is always flip flopping.;)
Rich

time
I don't flip flop at all. my first post was tongue in cheek you frickin' sh*t stirrer. Bite me, you moron!
dave
RKON wrote:

Dave Dave Dave, I have never flamed you in the past and I give you a little ribbing and you explode like a Hiroshima A-Bomb. Take a Chil pill.
Rich
PS. Thanks for calling me a Moron. Coming from you that is a compliment.

preffer
well then, let's REVIEW: 1) you claimed NO ONE pays attention to my posts. hmmm...is that a sh*t stirring comment or not? decisions, decisions, ah...YUP! it sure is!
2) I don't flip-flop. that's a mis-statement (read: LIE) on your part which is due to your inability to know a tongue-in-cheek comment when it slaps you in the face. I have been anti-Marples from way back; why would you think I said Maples are ok, all of a sudden? I was just being silly sarcastic when I said that guys here "swear by Marples". I nearly followed that with "and I swear AT them", but I thought that would be clear enough to anyone following this NG. You DO follow this NG, don't you??
You are just trying to take up where the other miscreants have realized it was smarter to leave off. Please join them.
dave
RKON wrote:

Way back? Like March of this year?

Obviously, because I don't think anyone has said that they swear by them. Many have stated that they are fine for the price.

How do you know if any of the "miscreants" have left off anything? You killfile anyone who disagrees with you.
Chuck Vance
chuck, full of lies. I have TWO people in my killfile. time is relative chuck; get over it.
chuck, always ready to fuel the fire.
dave