seriously OT: Bill Gates still greedy after all these years.

Page 4 of 4
Don't remind your wife of this.
I know I spent a lot for my Powermatic 66

<snip>

Always carefully check "Requirements" before purchasing any computer component or application. The requirements can be found on the box. Logitech is actually a good mouse. I have a corded Microsoft Intellimouse that's connected to a PS/2 port on my (very) old Windows 98SE machine. It worked without running the bloated MS setup stuff. I bet it would work with Linux too. Even after meeting the requirements, compatibility issues are more common than ever.