Separated ribbon of wood

I have a a beautiful piece of new base molding that has a minor flaw: There's a very thin ribbon of wood that has separated midspan. I'm afraid that if I sand it away it may look bad. Would it be better to glue it down before I stain & sand it? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
roo

Sounds like a good time for that CA glue. I do that all the time.

Just remember to put something between your skin and the wood before you hold it to cure. DAMHIKT.

Reply to
George

Yeah, nobody likes finger-jointed moldings :-)

Reply to
Roy Smith

"George" wrote in news:40c49328$1 snipped-for-privacy@newspeer2.tds.net:

When I worked at HP in 1972 the super-glue was pretty new. We had rather big bottles of it and sometimes it was a little sloppy in application. A friend of mine found out the hard way when she got glued to another line worker in a machine. Their hands were joined together and at that time we didn't know that acetone was the solvent, so they used razor blades to - carefully- cut the two apart!

Reply to
Hitch