Semi-OT : taping drywall

There's my problem! I've been using it over the cracks where the mud pushes through into the gap underneath.

Reply to
George

Just saying what the pros told me. I will only say that the times I've helped them, we went fast enough. Largest job I was on with them was about

3000 sq ft, give or take a square, and with a crew of 5, drywall was hung in 15 hours and the first coat of mud took just over 12 hours.

Plenty fast enough for my tastes.

Mike

Reply to
The Davenport's

3,000 SF living space or 3,000 SF of drywall? The 2 of us hang about 2,000 SF living space, 10,000 SF of drywall, with several popups and 2-3 cathedral ceilings in 3 days. First coat of mud with 3 finishers in a morning or afternoon.
Reply to
Mike Dobony

I didn't intend for this to be a pissing match...someone asked for input/opinions...I gave mine. You don't agree. I'll live.

I'm very happy for you that you're faster at it than I am...lots of people are...I'm OK with that.

Mike

Reply to
The Davenport's

That's the trick. Wet tape will adhere without bubbles much easier than will dry tape. Try it once and you'll never go back.

Reply to
Cam in Toronto

The web between my index and middle finger of my left hand twinged when you said that. :)

Reply to
Swingman

what on earth do you use a J roller for in taping drywall?

Reply to
bridgerfafc

I'm glad you asked...I was afraid to

Reply to