Semi-OT : taping drywall

Page 2 of 2

3,000 SF living space or 3,000 SF of drywall? The 2 of us hang about 2,000 SF living space, 10,000 SF of drywall, with several popups and 2-3 cathedral ceilings in 3 days. First coat of mud with 3 finishers in a morning or afternoon.

<sigh>
I didn't intend for this to be a pissing match...someone asked for input/opinions...I gave mine. You don't agree. I'll live.
I'm very happy for you that you're faster at it than I am...lots of people are...I'm OK with that.
Mike

That's the trick. Wet tape will adhere without bubbles much easier than will dry tape. Try it once and you'll never go back.
"Cam in Toronto" wrote in message

The web between my index and middle finger of my left hand twinged when you said that. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07
todd wrote:

No help here, just an aside. You had me buggered mentioning a "Banjo" to tape the walls. Here in Oz a shovel is commonly referred to as a "Banjo". A bit of Googling soon put me right.
regards John

Well, don't keep us in suspense. What do drywallers call what we call a banjo?
This reminds me of an online chat I had a ways back with a guy from Oz. We laughed about some of the language differences and the perceptions of each country by the other's residents.
todd
todd wrote:

G'day Todd,

I never found that out, but I did find out what a Drywall Banjo was and it ain't a shovel :)
As for why a shovel is a Banjo in Oz, I think it has something to do with being used with a pick (Mad Mick) :)

Yep, it does get confusing at times, mostly quite funny. I think that you blokes have the short end of stick though, as we have been exposed to more of your culture than you to ours.
One thing I always smile at is when an American says they're "Rooting" for a team or person. :)
regards John

Had to look that one up. I see the source of your amusement. As for being underexposed to Aussie culture, I'm sure that's true. Most of what Americans know about Aussies comes from Paul Hogan.
todd