Semi OT: Shop Floor - padded floor or good shoes?

Page 3 of 3
If you have bad wheels the you may want to look at custom made boots. Will cost you $800 maybe little more. Can be resoled. You feet are not growing any more like the kids. Concrete is all over the place. and your padded floor will only be in the 20X20 shop. You only get issued one set of wheels when your born so make the best of what you have left of them. Hell take a look at the loggers up in the Pacific northwest. They don't spend $1500 just for the hell of it. There is a reason . Red wings good boots........ for someone who has ok feet. If there as bad as you say do the most for them. Who was it that said you only want to cry once when you buy a tool. Well same thing here. There is no easy way out. And I will tell you one thing ,. If you get custom made boots they will not fit someone else very good. Store bought boots will fit a ton of workers.
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 21:30:39 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (O D) wrote:

    On the contrary - feet do change size even for OFs like me. I'm 58 - about three years ago I had to dump all my size 12 shoes and go for 13. Not that I'm against custom footwear, but your next pair might not be your last pair.
====Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ===={remove curly brackets for email}
Google on Apache Mills... they make all the good stuff for foot comfort mats... Sam's Club carries a NICE mat for around $25 for a 3x3...