semi-OT - Reflection / Cogitation / Age / Adventure / Woodworking

Page 2 of 2
It has already passed.
--
Regards,
Mike

I just

he has

fewer to

Made me shiver!
--
Nahmie
On 28 Nov 2004 00:16:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Very sorry to hear that. I corresponded with him some time ago; he seemed very friendly and willing to help
On 28 Nov 2004 00:16:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

We also steadily lose the people we knew about. Looking at it from an egoentric point of view,we lose a big part of the context of our lives and much of what we shared with and bound us to others.

they
learn
just
he has

(1) SWMBO once told her Grandfather, who at 80 was getting pretty frail, what a marvelous thing it was to live to such an age. His response was that "No, it isn't. All my friends are gone."
(2) Did anyone happen to catch the JAG show a couple years back when Ernest Borgnine and a couple other guys played old retired SEAL's making war on a drug dealer who had gotten his grandson hooked & then died from OD? At the end of the show he told Rabb "Up here in your head, you're still 20, it's just that some things move a little slower"(or similar).
I think that can be said of many of us.
--
Nahmie
Man, this thread sure moved away from the child like enjoyment of woodworking, regardless of chronological age.

I'm losing friends and family at a seemingly faster rate than ever before, that's a fact. However, for a wide range of reasons, I seem to have more, and better friends than was ever the case in past years. The kids are growing to be adults. Their friends are adults, too. The conversations are more meaningful, their worries and joys seem less frivolous, their successes and challenges more important.
If, or when, we are forced into seclusion, or lonliness, then those are the dark days...
Ecclesiastes was right.
Patriarch