Semi OT: Gloats

All, I paruse several different NGs in a wide variety of subjects, and it seems to me that gloats only occur in in the wreck. Its not a bad thing, just an observation I made. Any others notice this? Maybe I dont read any others that have gloats. I do know that each NG has its own personality, and that that personality can change over time. Anyhoo... Ummm, I cut 2 ba 4 in half yesterday(to keep it on topic...) Jester

Greg

Details please.
Did you cut in half making two 2 x 4 x 4' or did you rip it to a 2 x 2 x 8'?
did you follow a plan or your own design?
jesse wrote:

Yes, I have. I frequent rec.sport.billiard, where folks are always bragging about amazing shots they've made, come-from-behind matches they've won, how many jellybeans they hustled from the college kids, and the $1500 cues they snagged from pawnshops for $75. One guy even found $500 cash hidden under the rubber bumper in the butt of such bargain. But the word "gloat" appears only 7 times between Nov. 18, 1996, and June 21, 2005. And "You suck" is used only in its perjorative sense.
'Tis a puzzlement.

What kind of saw did you use? If electric, what voltage? Phase? If manual, was a rip or cross-cut? What kind of wood was it? How much per BF did you pay? Where is it going to be used? Assuming it wasn't cherry, what kind of stain are you contemplating? Do you have your sanding schedule worked out? Again..electric? . . . . you're holding back on us Jesse...
Sun, Feb 5, 2006, 10:53am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (jesse) doth sayeth: <snip> I cut 2 ba 4 in half yesterday(to keep it on topic...) That is not a gloat, nor even a neener. Warm fuzzy at the most.
JOAT Have a nice day! Someplace else.

free...............gloat
Thanks for the replies! I love this place. For Edwin, I resawed it into a 1x4x8. And to Robatoy, I used a serrated steak knife. Sitka Spruce(for my airplane of course), just found it lying in the forest but since I wasn't there I dont know if it made a sound, I think Ill use it for the parachute, I might get one side of one piece sanded out by four moons from now, hard to tell, I actually have to glue the sand to the paper(talk about neander, although I guess they would use a plane or scraper). Would yall suggest Titebond II, hide, epoxy, or cyano? On gloats, well, I found a packing crate that once contained a large printing machine. I turned it into a dog house. I dont think the dog considered it a gloat. Have Fun, Jester

flat rock with a rough surface...
follow with good rubbing with hand fulls of gradually finer sand..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

which half did you find, the big one or small one.. *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

did you make two tubatwos or a threeby 2 and a oneby 2?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I've heard you can perform this ripping operation with a bolt and enough pressure.... although the amount of pressure still seems to be under debate.
jc