SEMI OT - Finally found the 'ultimate' pickup of my dreams

Page 2 of 2
Thu, Sep 20, 2007, 9:33am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@non.net (dpb) doth mumble: Little short on the wood hauling it looks like...appears to still be only 8-ft bed length... Why am I thinking "day labor" here... :(
Oh, com on. Use some basic imagination. Obviously, you cut out the front of the bed. Tken take all the seats, but the front, out. You could carry telephone poles in there. Or your bass boat. Leave the seats in, carry a couple of little leage ball teams. Put your mom-in-law in the rear seat; or the wife, at times. Mega tailgate party. The list goes on. Imagination is a terrible thing to waste. Day labor? What kind of a disgusting mind do you have anyway? I even came up with the perfect paint job for it.
http://boortz.com/images/funny/redneck_pics_paintjob.jpg
J T wrote:

I was only commenting on the current configuration, not what it could become...
Actually, it looks like a damned fine job of the modification...
Don't have a clue of what the purpose really is, but from the body-hauling capacity, one must assume its primarily for migrant farm hands or similar.
For hauling, removing one cab section and inserting a shortbed bed section in its place would give a 14-ft bed, just about right for those runs to the sawmill... :)
Thu, Sep 20, 2007, 1:58pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@non.net (dpb) doth sayeth: I was only commenting on the current configuration, not what it could become... Actually, it looks like a damned fine job of the modification... Don't have a clue of what the purpose really is, but from the body-hauling capacity, one must assume its primarily for migrant farm hands or similar. For hauling, removing one cab section and inserting a shortbed bed section in its place would give a 14-ft bed, just about right for those runs to the sawmill... :)
My personal thought is, a junkyard guy with time on his hands. Actually, looks like an excellent airport limo. There's people I know who would love renting this as a wedding limo - me included. Maybe an inexpensiv church or activity bus. Or maybe just someone with more family than money. On reflection, I think I may rather speculate, than to actually know, why it was made. Another thought, enough seats so each kid can have their own sead, and won't ght so much - now that one sounds like a winner.
On Sep 20, 6:26 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

It reminds me of a day a couple years ago, sitting in a friend's yard waiting for paint to dry (lacquer, really). He lives next to the route 460 bypass with a three lane turn off. Big ol' limo making the turn. Or trying to. I doubt this was an airport limo. It looked much more like the silly transport kids use at proms. It took the guy three tries, two more tries than your average 18 wheeler, to navigate the turn onto the entrance. We were laughing so hard we spilled our coffee.
I recall being able to borrow a NEW car for my senior prom. A Nash Metropolitan. But, as my old man said, "What's a senior prom."
dpb wrote:

When I saw the picture, my thought was that I knew some kids in high school who would have done that kind of project as a shop project.