Semi-gloat

A walk behind... wiishak can walk 100 MPH??? Naaaa...

Reply to
Robatoy

WTF is your problem with me Robatoy? There is a Westwood in NJ. It is about a 1 hour drive from me. The mower was put in the trunk of my car. Yes, I did have to leave the trunk lid open.

Reply to
willshak

Robatoy wrote the following:

Lights and siren seem to move people out of the way.

Reply to
willshak

J. Clarke wrote the following:

Thanks for the voice of reason. The other guy said the cord blended into the grass. The one I mowed with had an orange cord and I assume my Aunt did not buy the cord separately. It was a walk behind, not a rider. It was the first time I used an electric mower. I don't know where the others got the impression that I rode the mower to Westwood, NJ. I can only assume they have a reading comprehension disability.

Reply to
willshak

As long as you you were careful not to mow anyone down...

Bill

Reply to
Bill

had an orange cord and I assume my Aunt did not buy the cord separately. It= was a walk behind, not a rider.

Westwood, NJ.

Sorry Bill, I was just being a douchebag.

Reply to
Robatoy

an orange cord and I assume my Aunt did not buy the cord separately. It was a walk behind, not a rider.

Ok Robatoy. Thanks.

Reply to
willshak

-------------------------------------- "Charlie Groh" wrote:

------------------------------------ Now Charlie, ya gotta cut the stupid some slack, for they know not what they are spouting off about.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Didn't mean to be so cruel. The lawnmower seller told me residential rentals are going for $3/sq ft, then there's the state income tax, a fifty-cent premium on gasoline, and other expenses making California an much more expensive place to live.

Heck, I'll bet the city of Santa Barbara even has ZONING (shudder)!

Reply to
HeyBub

I wonder. Do you have to take your own containers to the electric store or do they provide sacks or something?

Reply to
HeyBub

Vacuum bottles. And because of safety concerns, you have to buy a new stopper every 2 years. You also need a special license if you want to carry 240 volt 3 phase.

Reply to
Robatoy

And, no doubt, 3 separate vacuum bottles. You Canucks are in the Dark Ages, I swear. It's a wonder you can produce any bananas at all.

-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Now _that_ is a gloat. Moving from the armpit of the southeast to one of the most beautiful places on earth.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

As someone who lives in an Atlantic coastal state, south of the Mason-Dixon line, I have a real problem with characterizing Houston as being in the "southeast." I don't argue with the "armpit" part, though. :)

Reply to
Larry W

Which Houston are you talking about. The big one is considered to be in the South central part of the US.

And uh er as much as I dislike Houston in Texas also, Dallas has long been considered the arm pit of the region.

Reply to
Leon

The proposition that three hundred miles West of the Mississippi is the "East" is quite a mind-bender. Texas, in the East? Wow!

Reply to
krw

I been warped by the rain, driven by the snow I'm drunk and dirty don't ya know, and I'm still, willin' Out on the road late at night, Seen my pretty Alice in every head light Alice, Dallas Alice . . . And I been from Tuscon to Tucumcari Tehachapi to Tonapah

Reply to
Robatoy

I been warped by the rain, driven by the snow I'm drunk and dirty don't ya know, and I'm still, willin' Out on the road late at night, Seen my pretty Alice in every head light Alice, Dallas Alice . . . And I been from Tuscon to Tucumcari Tehachapi to Tonapah

Tuscon? Never heard of it. Where's that? Art

Reply to
Artemus

Lookatchoo!!! You found a typo!!!!

Reply to
Robatoy

Well, Houston IS closer to Florida than it is to El Paso (and El Paso is closer to San Diego than it is to Houston), so I suppose it depends on where you stand.

All agree Houston is a cultural wasteland. Our big cultural event is the annual livestock show and rodeo whose attendance, during its ten-day run, exceeds the attendance of our three professional sports teams combined.

Contrary to popular belief, we didn't build the first air-conditioned sports stadium to be ostentatious - the weather REQUIRED it. Oh, we're not as bad in that regard as New Orleans, but, being at the same latitude as Cairo... In fact today, June 2nd, the temperature reached 97 degrees.

There are some things Houston has to recommend it: The world's largest medical center (18 hospitals, two medical schools, a dental school, etc.), NASA, the 2nd largest port in the nation, low taxes, no zoning, 2nd highest number of Fortune 500 companies (after NYC), 2nd highest number of consular offices (after D.C.), 70% of the nation's refining capacity, and so on.

You'll note that many of these high-ranked attributes have to do with money - or making money. Houston's a good place for that. But if you want temperate weather, majestic redwoods, pristine beaches, Civil War battlefields, or state-funded psychoanalysis for your dog, you won't find them here.

I recall my first visit to Harvard Square. After lunch, my client asked what I thought of the crowd.

I replied: "I'm willing to admit you have more PhD's per square foot, more books in your libraries, and greater educational endowments than back home. But on the two things that are important in this life, Texas has you beat!"

"What's that?" my client asked.

"Pretty girls and football teams" I responded.

"I'd believe that and I've never been to Texas," he said. "Did you notice their socks don't match?"

"My friend, if these women were running loose in Texas, there'd be a bounty on 'em," I concluded.

Reply to
HeyBub