Semi Gloat

I was out in my shop today working on some hand cut jig saw puzzle's when my Mother in Law show's up and tells me she has something in the back of her car I need to lift out. So off I trot doing my wife's family's bidding when low and behold my eye's fix on a yellow/gold box marked DW734. I am agas this woman barely gives me the time of day now she buys me a tool I was about to put on layaway. Even better I was going to put the less expensive Delta on layaway. What a great day I am having. Puff
Puff Griffis wrote:

Congrats on the gloat. What are you going to build for her? <g>
(Before SWMBO and I were married 21+ years ago, my future MIL was amazed I completely disassembled a non-working dishwasher, fixed the problem, and left her with a working dishwasher.)
-- Mark
<snip>>

Yep, behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law.
You better reward her with something wood, and made by you, quick!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/31/04

Does your wife have any sisters? I still need a jointer, a band saw, and a dust collector. ;-)
I would never marry for money...but tools - that's a whole different story!

*misleading* subject line on your post.
The gloat came in a car, not a semi! <grin>
Now, the MIL aspect, that -is- noteworthy.
my first reaction is to warn you not to take it out of the trunk because it is a trap. There is some dreadful conditions attached to the acceptance of this planer. And the worst part of it is your wife is in on it!!!!
Keep us posted on what develops from this.
Robert Bonomi wrote:

As it turns out my wife had no idea this was going to happen. My Father in law who is in real bad health comes by and sits in my shop with me and piddles with a bit of sanding or whatever to get out of the house. He noticed my "wish list" I have posted on a cabinet door. Now that the planer can be scratched off I guess that cabinet saw takes the top spot. Puff

The funny thing is I never even thought about other people seeing the list. It's just up there to remind myself why I work 65 hours a week for someone else. Puff
claims: <snip> He noticed my "wish list" I have posted on a cabinet door. Nowthat the planer can be scratched off I guess that cabinet saw takes the top spot. Puff
Do you think it would be subtle enough if you cut out a large picture, complete with model number, etc., and pasted it along side of every item on your list. LMAO Personally, I might think about changine the list, and put whatever I thought the old man would like to play with most, on top. Nah, I'd think about it, but I wouldn't do it; I'd just be very thankful for what I'd already got, and wouldn't push it.
JOAT It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. - Pete Maccarrone
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 31 Jan 2004. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
Puff, Have you made it down to E-town yet? I need to get down there this week sometimes and pick up some cherry. Just wondering.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
No that's on the agenda for next week. Now that I have a planer that is. <grin> Puff

congratulations. that seems like a really nice planer i am sure you will enjoy it! planing is fun, i still find it amazing to see rough cut lumber go such beautiful wood after planing