Selling woodworking tools on ebay - any pointers...

Page 2 of 5  
snipped-for-privacy@NOcomcastSPAM.net says...

If he isn't, I am. Actually, I'm not calling anyone a liar on the WMD issue - they were all taken in by false intelligance, a lot of which apparently came from Chalabi, who was our fair- haired boy at the time.
But there are a lot of other issues, like linking Iraq and 9/11 by inference in every speech. Like calling an open truck with canvas sides a bioweapons lab - even Saddam wasn't THAT stupid!
I could go on, but this is just a vent. It won't change anyones mind. If they haven't seen through Bush/Cheney/et al by now they never will.
And no, I don't like Kerry. Once again I have to vote for the lesser of two weevils.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Charlie Self wrote:

I think the Democrats are making the same mistake they made in '72, when they put McGovern against Nixon. If there was ever a Presidency that was in trouble it was Nixon's--any halfway credible candidate could have beaten him but the Democrats failed to field a halfway credible candidate.
The Bush Presidency is in far less trouble than Nixon's, and Kerry doesn't seem to be making any better impression than McGovern did, so it appears to me that the Democrats, handed a golden opportunity, have once again shot themselves in the foot.
--
--John
Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Where is that "Where are those weapons of mass destruction?" tag line?
I guess Sarin and Mustard gas don't count? "The Iraqi Survey Group confirmed today that a 155-millimeter artillery round containing sarin nerve agent had been found," Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt (search), the chief military spokesman in Iraq, told reporters in Baghdad. "The round had been rigged as an IED (improvised explosive device) which was discovered by a U.S. force convoy." (Fox News - May 17, 2004)
Don't count on the "lie about Iraq" being enough. First it was the economy, that the lib's conveniently forgot began tanking on Clinton's watch - then it was 'where are those weapons of mass destruction'.
Bush-Cheney - 2004!!!!!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote in message

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
where are those weapons of mass destruction...?
one improperly loaded shell of sarin gas vs how many dead and wounded...?
i see your point...
john

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Tillman notes:

The lib's what?
One artillery round with sarin gas, a round that in the past 14-15 months could have come from anywhere in the Middle East? Not exactly a slew of WMDs, is it, but it is a sop to neocons who have been drowning in lack of any factual data relating to the actual presence of WMDs.
Mustard gas? Where?

Yo. In Leavenworth where they belong.
Charlie Self "The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the exercise of his mind." Jacques Barzun
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
tillman snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

Did you miss the announcement, by OUR military, that it was an unlabelled leftover from the '91 war or before, and that the insurgents who tied it into their bomb probably didn't even know what it was?
Or did faux Fox even mention that part of the story?
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
says...

I haven't seen it. Can you post a citation? But so what if it was? The total number Iraq was supposed to have was zero. The real question is, are there any more? I don't know, and I sure as hell know you don't know. Personally, I find it hard to believe that we found the only Sarin-filled shell in a country larger than California. Earlier in this thread, I posted a list of quotes from a list of Democrats publicly stating that Iraq had WMDs. If Iraq didn't possess them prior to our recent military action, the intelligence community didn't know it. My belief is that we had incomplete data that suggested Iraq did possess WMDs and a long history of intransigence on the part of Saddam with him not allowing inspections, then allowing them but holding inspectors up at the front gate while moving the stuff out the back, then kicking inspectors out, etc. Unfortunately, Saddam had given us every reason in the face of incomplete data to assume the worst. So, forced to assume the worst, we went to the UN. Even with Saddam thumbing his nose after UN resolution after resolution, the UN didn't see fit to enforce its own resolutions. We're beginning to get an understanding of why that was with the corruption in the oil for food program starting to come out.
todd
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Interesting as they may be, those points are utterly irrelevant. The stuff was not supposed to have been there at all. And yet it was.
You keep asking "where are those Iraqi WMDs?" Obviously one, at least, has been located. Does it not occur to you to wonder (a) where it was being stored, and (b) how many more are there where that one came from?
-- Regards, Doug Miller (alphageek-at-milmac-dot-com)
For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter, send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com You must use your REAL email address to get a response.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:45:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Of course not, because that would require changing the entire premise of his opposition to the current administration's actions in Iraq.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in message

In terms of "Untidy armies losing chemical weapons by accident" the score for the US Army is still considerably higher than the Iraqis. Since 1998, more chemical weapons have been uncovered in the back garden of the Korean Ambassador's residence in Washington than have been found in Iraq. More VX has been spilled over Johnson Atoll by carelessness than has shown up around Tikrit or Baghdad.
No one ever claimed that Iraq never had assorted nasties (Hey, we _sold_ the damn things to them). The real question is simply "Was the post-'91 UN inspection period effective at removing them", and the answer to that increasingly seems to be positive.
It's obviously unrealistic to wave a magic wand and have all their previous traces vanish. Finding the dregs (for that's all we're talking about) of an old and abandoned campaign and claiming that it represents _continuing_ involvement is blatantly letting a political agenda bend the facts.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The "dregs" in that sarin shell could kill 1000-2000 people. The lethal dose is 1.7mg, and it was a 3 or 4 liter shell. How many lethal doses are enough to be considered a weapon of mass destruction? If you don't consider 1000 or 2000 dead to be "mass destruction", what number is your thresshold for this?
How many more shells that they have that they don't have do they have?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Dave Hinz wrote:

Agreed.
I don't consider death as destruction. I see it as murder.
WMD means anything and nothing, Are you going to consider a 767 as a WMD? You should as it killed more than your 2000.
About your shell, I bet that shell has more fingernail gouges than can be counted from your type of person holding onto it for dear life in your justification for the 'war' and unjustified occupation of another country.
The shell is too little too late.
And your figures are off, 1 to 1.7 GRAMS skin, that's roughly 1.5cc (1.09 sg @ 25C). You could kill your 2 to 4000 people, IF you had them strip so the dose could make 100% contact.
This reminds me of the Cosby comment in that the Radical Right will grab hold of anything they can present out of context in order to support their claims.
One frigging shell. ONE. ONE shell justifies everything that's happened and that's going to happen.
I can say one thing for that ONE shell: At least it is real, unlike the excuses used to justify the Iraq War.

A stash of 100 or so would do it for me.
I'm going to need more than something that could have fallen from a transport.
--
--

Mark

N.E. Ohio
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

(yes, I wrote mg when I should have written ml. My bad.)

Word games? Next are we going to argue about what the definition of the word "is" is?

My 2000?

My shell?

My type of person? What, the kind that believed S.H. when he said he had 'em, and who is now shown to have been telling the truth?

I'm not justifying anything, I'm pointing out the fact that a shell that has enough toxins to kill 1000 or more people is plenty enough of a W of MD (or MM if you prefer) to fit any reasonable definition.

Or, maybe it's just the beginning. 3 by the way, the other 2 had mustard gas in them. Which he also wasn't supposed to have.

Let's talk about inhalation then, shall we?

Before the shell was found, "your people" were whining that none were found. Now that this one, and the two mustard shells have been found, your people are dismissing them. The inescapable conclusion is that there is nothing which could convince you to deviate from your chosen mindset.

How many lethal doses is enough to convince you?


So, at a conservative estimate of 1000 doses per shell, you won't consider it WMD until there's enough to kill 100,000 people?

Oh, I'm sure there's a _perfectly_ innocent reason why a shell that's not supposed to be there at all, just happened to fall off a truck and bury itself where our troops would be. Probably happens all the time, ya know? Woopsie, we lost _the one shell_ that we have with the nasties in it. Yeah, that sounds pretty plausible. Sheesh.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
creek.net says...

No, I claimed we never found the "massive stockpiles" we said Iraq had. When both Bush and Powell have admitted they were wrong on this, don't you think you're beating a dead horse?
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

So, it's OK for you to generalize and say "my people" while putting words in my mouth for me, but when I use your tactic you balk. Interesting.

What part of "haven't found all of it yet" are you not understanding?
How many lethal doses is enough, Larry?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Assumes facts not in evidence. All you, or anyone, can say with certainty at this point is that we haven't found them _yet_.
We haven't found Osama bin Laden yet either. Does that mean he doesn't exist?
-- Regards, Doug Miller (alphageek-at-milmac-dot-com)
Get a copy of my NEW AND IMPROVED TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter by sending email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com You must use your REAL email address to get a response.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Doug Miller writes:

Proving negatives is often damned near impossible.

Possibly. He may have been serving as a coat of paint on the inside of a cave roof for the past year plus some after hew was bombed out of the mountains. The tapes could easily be made by some kind of imitator.
Charlie Self "The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the exercise of his mind." Jacques Barzun
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Dave Hinz wrote:

Clinton still has a burr under your saddle.
No, it's not a word game. If there is a word game being played it's by people using the term WMD to describe weapons that don't destroy.

Well, yes. You seem to have fallen in love with it, it and two others being the soul justification for the illegal and unjustified invasion of a sovereign nation.

Sure.
Go ahead.
One of the fallacies to your approach is 100% effectiveness. That is every microgram is going to find a target. That's like saying that every round discharged in Iraq found an Iraqi, so I guess we have 1,000,000 +++ dead Iraqis. Eh?

That's about right.
Let's say I'm a Cop and storm trooper your house with a warrant for a meth lab but after untold hours all I find is a musty old pot seed. I guess I'd be justified.
Let's say I find your quarter bag stash .... now I'm really justified.
So take your one shell, put it on it's pedestal, hang the placard of justification on it.
Hell, you may even thank God for it in your prayers.
Truth is, it isn't shit.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The tactic looks familiar, so I was pointing that out.

Definitions are what they are. If the common usage of "WMD" isn't to your liking, well, you can change it or adapt, your choice.

Your memory is _very_ selective, apparently. UN Resolutions, need I quote them? Even your boy Kerry said S.H. needed to be stopped, want dates and quotes?

Yay.

Do you know what "LD50" means? It's "Lethal dose for 50% of the people exposed to substance in (whichever) manner". That means half.

You said earlier that they're not destruction, they're murder. Now it's destructive enough to be destruction again? You're inconsistant.

Unlikely to happen on at least two counts, but do go on and on.

Because MJ is now meth? When did that happen?

Because a bigger bag of pot is a meth lab? Your analogy is flawed.

Lots of assumptions going on on your side of the screen.

I'm sure the tens of thousands of dead Kurds are comforted by that.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Clinton , Bush, Gore, yada yada yada.
It doesn't matter, because in Nov 95% of American voters are going to vote for a President who's has jerked off in a coffin and had a human femur up his ass.
Only in America.....
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.