Selling tools

Can someone advise me where would the best place be to place an add for some tools & equipment I would like to sell? I have the following: Delta Unisaw,Delta Large Planer, Jet Bandsaw,Jet Jointer, Makitia sliding compound miter saw w/rousseau table, Milwaukee power tools( circ saw, jig saw, sawzall, 1/2 drill,right angle drill) Dewalt biscut jointer,plunge router, lots of tools. Most all of this is new, like new or never used. Bob 973-831-8863 Thanks

Reply to
Bob Janney

Bob, what city are you in?

Ebay would be a good choice. In Canada, the websites of Canadian Workshop Magazine has free for-sale ads. A local newspaper. Local machine dealers (yellow pages)

You would pretty much have to sell it locally because the weight would make shipping prohibitive.

Google also has a feature where you can directly target people within a certain geographic area using their 'Google Adwords' feature. You just pay by the click after bidding on keywords that apply to you. (eg. used tools, planer, jointer etc.) I haven't personally tried the feature so I don't know how well it can pinpoint the person doing the search.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Mitchell

craigslist.org might be an option.

Or find a woodworking club, an adult ed program, a college with a design, architecture, sculpture or similar program.

Post a note at the 'old school' lumberyard or hardware store, if you still have one.

Stuff I've wanted to sell gets posted to our club email list. Priced right, it always went in a couple of days.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

That would be Wayne, NJ.... just northeast of Morristown.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

[snip]

I'll call you. when is a good time to call?

I might be interested in about half of it if the prices are right.

BTW I wouldn't post my phone number on the WEB, at least not in a recognizable format. It makes it very easy for people to find out things about you

Reply to
Ray

Supposedly Ernest Hemingway once won a bet for writing a story in 6 words:

For Sale Baby Shoes Never Worn

Yours is almost as sad. All those tools, never used...

Reply to
John

Have you tried craigslist.org They are in a lot of cities and is free to use. It is a great local community forum. max

Reply to
max

I have not read the replies you have already received...BUT I WILL...

BUT I honestly think if I ran a ad in my local newspaper the phone would start ringing off the hook...BEFORE the morning addition hit the streets... the guys who run the press would be calling before the edition even was printed....

Just my opinion....

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.