selling out

I have become disabled and going to sell out my woodworking shop. Should I have a action or sell each piece alone. I live In Martinsville In. May have sell in spring. snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com
Auctions can be good, but sometimes things go cheap. Very cheap. I'd try to sell the pieces individually first. Is this a pro shop or hobbyist shop? If it is a business you may do better selling everything as a package.
You could try posting a list of items here for starters.
Sorry to hear of your disability. I hope things get better for you.
Depending of course on the nature of your disability, you may consider keeping your tools and adapting. A friend of mine lost his site and went from a cabinetmaker to a carver. He'll probably get back into cabinetmaking once he's comfortable with operating machinery... hell of an adjustment but its spawned a new interest in woodworking for him. Give it some hard thought before you sell. -Brian

Sorry If you aren't in a hurry, use newspapers and .forsale newsgroups until you raise good buyers. Also list in local stores and with WW clubs. An auction will bring scavengers and you'll be sad. Wilson

Maybe, but there's one advantage to an auction, that' getting rid of all of it fast. I used to own have a dozen guns. When I wound up in a wheelchair and realized I wouldn't be tromping through the bush anymore, or even not be able to get through the sand at my gun club, I sold off all my guns much cheaper than I would have done if I'd taken my time. I just wanted all of it out of my sight as soon as possible because it hurt to much to look at everything I had.
Bummer. I'd say you'll probably do better selling each piece, but also depends on how much/how quickly you need the money. Judging by some of the gloats I read here, seems like auctions can be a better deal for the buyer.
Depending on what you have to sell, an ad in the Indianapolis Star might not be a bad idea. Or post to this newsgroup when/if you decide to sell. I live in Noblesville, and I'm sure there are several other wreckers locally that could help give a good home to some tools and give a good price to help you out.