Sell Me Your Unused Router

Ok, you took advantage of that 20% off deal and bought a fancy new router...and your old router is sitting around gathering dust.

If you have a router you're not using and want to sell it (and maybe some bits thrown in) for a good (low) price, email me.

Reply to
Jedd Haas

Don't hold your breath. Routers, and clamps, are special classes of tools in woodworking. Basically, there is NO such thing as an "unused router" in woodworking ... a router for every bit/situation/jig is the dream of a dedicated woodworker.

Reply to
Swingman

LOL! Agreed - Altho I have a Hitachi M12 and a PC, I still use my original router, an all aluminum Sears 1/4" circa 1962 ( back when they made really good stuff).

The funny thing is that I have the original users manual and the instructions for direction of feed are for climb cutting - same direction as bit rotation. And it's not a misprint - they have several diagrams all showing the feed direction. that was the way I learned to rout .

Happy Holidays,

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Theres plenty of them on eBay.

Reply to
Toller

Sorry, routers are like clamps. You just never have enough of em. Ya see, it's just so much easier to pick up another router with the bit already installed instead of changing the bit and adjusting it to the right depth and all; then, oops, I forgot to round over that one piece. So we don't get rid of our old routers until they die. By that time, you don't want them either.

DonkeyHody

Reply to
DonkeyHody

Reply to
Bofus

No kidding! just bought anothr tonite (PC trimmer) - that makes....

1/2/3/4/5/6/7... seven that I can think of.

Reply to
Eric Ryder

The PC trimmer is great...I've got one also. Plus a Bosch, PC, and a Sears. Don't think I'd even sell the Sears. Of course, if you wanna buy a VERY lightly used Sears belt sander, that might be a different story (my ELU is so much better & I don't even care for B&D in general...yep, another name (besides B&D and Quantum) that B&D drove into the ground).

Reply to
George

What is an unused router? I have 16 of them and the only one I am not using is an old Porter Cable with a bad armature that I haven't had a chance to tear down and repair yet.....

Reply to
Jon Dough

yeah, boat anchors

T. wrote: