Segmented Walnut and Maple Bowl

Beautiful bowl but some of his tools could use a little lube. ;-)
http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/qFFS9PsghCI
I enjoyed the film. very interesting. john
"Spalted Walt" wrote in message
Beautiful bowl but some of his tools could use a little lube. ;-)
http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/qFFS9PsghCI

I want a shop like that. Where all the tools do the work. I wonder if they require much supervision? ;)
Spalted Walt wrote:

He needs a beefier planer.
--
 GW Ross

 Weird enough for all practical
So that's what happened to the Invisible Man.
Larry
On 9/3/2013 5:24 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

As wonderful as that bowl is, he obviously spent much more time on the photography. Exquisite.     mahalo,     jo4hn
On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 12:24:07 +0000, Spalted Walt

OK, I love the video but don't understand why he drilled a hole at about 6:41 on the video and then apparently put a plug in the hole at 6:53. I noticed that he didn't show any glue on the plug.

Maybe had had a problem having the glue bottle apply the glue by itself. :)
When making a segmented base it is difficult to line up all the points exactly. The area where the points come together is weak due to all the fine points. It is a matter of aesthetics and strength. He didn't photograph the glue genie.
On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 11:00:15 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@wind.net wrote:

Thanks.