Seen the Errors

And figured out what I did wrong. I'm building a Custom Printer Cabinet for a customer. She wanted it painted white to match the decor of her office. When it came time to paint I made the mistake of painting the inside of the cabinets first then within 5 to 10 minutes went back and painted the face frame. It seemed like the way to go. But when it dried I noticed the face frames was nice and smooth and looked great the inside of the cabinet were rough. I figured out what I did wrong. The Paint on the inside of cabinet had started to dry when I started spraying the face frame and the over spray was hitting the already sprayed inside causing a dry coating. I sanded the cabinet today and resprayed. Started on the inside and worked to the outside hitting the face frame then moving to the next opening and working my way out to the face frame. All looks great now

Just thought the lesson I learned could be used by someone else!!

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Thank you. That's exactly what I was thinking while I was reading your post! : ) Bill

Reply to
Bill

I hope you meant to write "SAW the errors" just to keep things on topic in this ng...

Rich

Reply to
rich brenz

A guy was working for my older brother, refinishing the wood floors. He spent all day, meticulously sanding, then staining and sealing the floor. Just as he did the last strokes of the final coat of sealer, the heat came on, blowing out all the dust that had accumulated in the vent during the day.

Reply to
lektric dan

That SUCKS!!!! Talk about a bad day....

Reply to
Rich

I don't get it. HVAC systems have filters and vents are in the ceiling in rational homes. Oh, it has floor registers? Why the hell didn't the guy tape them up? Whadda maroon!

-- If you're looking for the key to the Universe, I've got some good news and some bad news.

The bad news: There is no key to the Universe.

The good news: It was never locked. --Swami Beyondananda

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Just shove some rags or newspaper in at least, or I don't know, turn OFF the furnace, at least before the final vacuum/tack cloth and applying the finish.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

700, Rich =A0wrote:

We did just that. Covered the vents, plastic ZipWall, isolated the kitchen completely. Then we went to town on doing some alterations to a solid surface countertop. Changing the sink meant we had to cut off the old one which created one helluva snowstorm, re-seam, sand and buff, but we were prepared. We even had a box fan in the kitchen window, making sure the kitchen stayed negative. Worked like a charm. Then, while packing up the truck, the lady of the house came from behind the house and motioned us to 'come-look-see'.

In her back yard, a beautiful, large black and deep-blue tiled swimming-pool was covered in a fine white dust. Same stuff floating on the water and the bushes and plants were coated as well. It helped that the sprinklers had come on and made a bit of white mud as well. The upside was that the lady laughed...a lot.... after a while at least. We did get a couple of referrals off her. The downside, we didn't make any money off that job. The professional clean-up was quite costly. That happened only once.

Reply to
Robatoy

Live and learn!

Reply to
Rich

*S*...AKA, The School Of Hard Knocks has an accelerated curriculum. . .

and _that_ reminded me of a boxing match I watched where one of the boxers took a full-bore roundhouse to the head at which point the announcer said: "I guess _he_ just forgot everything he learned about boxing..." The disoriented boxer was looking around wondering where his opponent had wandered off to.

Reply to
Robatoy