Seeking suggestions on quietening a 2hp Jet cyclone DC

After reading the short article in Shopnotes (Vol 16, Issue 91) on making your shop quieter, I began to think I could quieten my 2 stage cyclone 2 hp Jet dust collection system. BTW, it's 220V.
When I turn it on, the _neighbors_ put on ear muffs!
Shopnotes had a design for a muffler for shop vacs, but did not address the big brother DC's.
One idea is to enclose the whole thing in a closet, even a closet on wheels. That seems excessive. Of course, the closet would need adequate ventilation.
Does most of the noise come from the motor or does itcome from rushing air through the impellor or does it come from rushing air through the filter?
Any of you have any ideas?
TIA.
Well, I gues I didn't use the right key words -- search for "DC quiet" in this group and quite a bit turns up. Noteworthy is "Making the cyclone quiet " and "Any tricks to make a DC quieter?" Turns out, embarrassingly, that the latter was posted by me over 2 years ago. There was some "ok" advice in the responses. Obviously, I didn't do anything about it. One of the posters said that the tool being used is always a lot louder than the DC. True, maybe. Howeve, I leave the DC on a lot longer -- don't have a remote ofr it and walking clear across the shop to turn it off a thousand times per project is frustrating.