Seek online pix of wood grain for aok and beech

Where online can I view detailed pictures which show the wood grain, patterning and colour?
I'm interested in flat panels of beech and oak.
(Google and Google Images aren't very helpful.)

http://www.john-boddy-timber.ltd.uk/species_az.htm
leads to:
http://www.john-boddy-timber.ltd.uk/Pics/glossary_pages/primecrown_whitebeech_a.html http://www.john-boddy-timber.ltd.uk/Pics/glossary_pages/oak_euro_clearcrown_b.html
which have panels of wood
AJH

Wow, I never knew there were so many variants of these woods. Thank you.
I find this site has good pics http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/indextotal.htm#letterB Click on the thumbnail pic to see an expanded selection.
Cross posting will limit your responses, especially on RWW as many users have filters to eliminate crossposting as it is mostly spam. You may want to repost to each group separately.
Art
"John" wrote

John wrote:

I guess I could put a sheet of oak on the scanner for you..:-()
It worked with balsa..
Beech is as dull as ditchwater grain wise. Thats not its best feature.

Do you _ever_ post anything that's not Drivel?
European Beech is one of the most distinctive UK timbers you could find - it's one of the few that most woodworkers can easily recognise accurately. Just look for the little dark flecks from the rays.
http://www.efi-costarica.com/image-files/beech.jpg
Andy Dingley wrote:

All the time. I spent most of this winter splitting beech logs.
Its a fine grained wood, very little variation in grain at all . Nearly as dull as birch.

Exactly. Dull as ditchwater.
I never said it wasn't distinctive, I said it was dull. Its distinctive by its dullness.
Now next time try and address what was actually written, and not get on some personal vendetta, and spout off about what your prejudices thought someone had posted.

http://hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/#letterB