sedgewick /any good

i have the chance to buy a sedgewick sawbench , second hand for 750 , i cant find much about them on the net, anyone out there know anything about them please the current owner says he paid 1600 18 months ago , he seems a genuine guy , ive bought an industrial size mortice machine for a bargain of 40 from him so he seems open to selling a bargain
On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:25:09 +0000 (UTC), "brian smith"
Sounds like the chance of a good deal. What size is it ? A TA 315 ? (315mm blade)
Sedgewick make good kit. Current manufacture, UK made, solid cast iron through and through. Recent models will comply with the latest PUWER regs, braked motor etc.
Axminster used to sell Sedgewicks, but they're now selling the same machines in their own paint http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=AP3151
Incidentally, Sedgewick's combination planer / thicknessers are good kit too.

Drive by !
to be honest re the specs, i didnt take a good look because 750 is too much foor me at the moment but it seemed a bood price , all i did was got the mane of the manufacturer to research it on the net , without much gain . Im hoping to pick the morticer up soon with a van , hopefully if i get good feedback , i will offer silly money (500 ) you never know he may accept to get rid of it thanks for the reply brian
wrote:

guy
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 19:56:36 +0000 (UTC), "brian smith"

If I had the money, I'd offer 750 for it and you could have my Wadkin for 500. The Wadkin is a solid machine, but the Sedgewick is going to be all that, and newer too.