sedgewick /any good

i have the chance to buy a sedgewick sawbench , second hand for £750 , i cant find much about them on the net, anyone out there know anything about them please the current owner says he paid £1600 18 months ago , he seems a genuine guy , ive bought an industrial size mortice machine for a bargain of £40 from him so he seems open to selling a bargain

Reply to
brian smith

Sounds like the chance of a good deal. What size is it ? A TA 315 ? (315mm blade)

Sedgewick make good kit. Current manufacture, UK made, solid cast iron through and through. Recent models will comply with the latest PUWER regs, braked motor etc.

Axminster used to sell Sedgewicks, but they're now selling the same machines in their own paint

Sedgewick's combination planer / thicknessers are good kit too.

Drive by !

Andy Dingley

Reply to
brian smith

If I had the money, I'd offer £750 for it and you could have my Wadkin for £500. The Wadkin is a solid machine, but the Sedgewick is going to be all that, and newer too.

Andy Dingley