securing plexiglass to wood

thinking that some nylon washers would be best but they are not clear
maybe there is a better way to attach plexiglass to wood
the plexiglass only has to span a couple of inches
maybe i will just cut slots and slide it in and close off the ends with a strip of wood screwed from the back
or do like a small picture frame
decisions decisions
it is a sock dispenser not inspired by this but similar in that it hangs vertically and the socks are stacked one pair on top of another
http://www.mezzomind.com/img/blog/SockDispenser-006.jpg
will have three sides wood and the face will be plexi
you have to know when they are getting low and of course it keeps all the socks in rotation
On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 1:58:35 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:

6' of clear tubing for all your wardrobe needs.
Use the 4" OD for your socks, 6" for your undershorts and 10" for your T-Shirts.
https://www.interstateplastics.com/Acrylic-Clear-Extruded-Tube-ACRCLE_TR.php
One bolt each through the top and bottom to secure it to your backer board.

So it's a square (or rectangular) section box?
If I were doing it I'd either groove the sides and leave them proud of the plexiglass, or I'd put the plexiglass overlapping the sides and hold it down with a row of little brass screws.
If you want to get fancy in an old-school craftsmanship sort of way, use slotted screws and start them carefully so all the slots are aligned when they're tight.
John

Sock dispenser? (blink-blink). Didn't see that one coming.
On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 10:45:19 -0400

but made with three sides wood and the front side plexiglass
going to do a slot and just slide the plexiglass in but i need to make sure it cannot pop out if the socks are stuffed in
a work in progress
came across a site where they stored different colored tee shirts this way
apparently some keep all their foldable clothes this way vertically
no dresser
On Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 11:28:52 AM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:

The obvious solution is that the thicker the material, the less flex it will have.
A 1/2" thick sheet of acrylic isn't going to flex under the pressure of some socks.
http://freckleface.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/acrylicsheetonehalfinchthick.html
I'm not saying you need to go to 1/2", but you sure aren't limited to the 1/8" sheets from a home center.