second hand dealer's license

Hi! All. I hope there is someone who may able to answer this kind of question.

If I get used furniture, reform it and sell it in my store, do I need a second hand dealer's license?

For example, I will paint the old chair with my art design such as flowers or landscapes, so the chair may look totally different piece.

Thanks in advance!

Yoshi

Reply to
ZZ212

That kind of a license is for those who are selling 'sweep' hands (the ones that rotate at 1 RPM) for clocks.

Business licenses are almost always a matter of _local_ jurisdiction, and sometimes the _state_ level (if you're doing something where you have to collect sales tax).

You need to ask this kind of question of someone who knows what the rules are *WHERE*YOU*LIVE* and/or work.

City Hall, the *LIBRARY*, and a near-by federal "Small Business Administration" office would seem to be fruitful places for exploration.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Wouldn't that depend on the local or state laws? Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sat, Sep 13, 2003, 11:22pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (ZZ212) wants to know: I hope there is someone who may able to answer this kind of question.

Well, yes, yes there is someone that can answer that question.

If I get used furniture, reform it and sell it in my store, do I need a second hand dealer's license?

Now, think about this for a minute. OK, this is an international newsgroup, you didn't bother to say where you are, or any other vital details.

Give up? I thought so. It's your local licensing people - city, county, state, government. Try your local phone book, for a start.

I really don't know why, but it just continues to amaze me, that people will ask questions like that here, along with a total lack of details, and actually expect to get a coherent answer. Well, as a matter of fact, you did, but probably not one you were wanting, 'cause now you have to do your own homework.

JOAT If Pro means 'For' and Con means 'Against', you can safely say the opposite of 'Pro' is 'Con'. Can we then assume that the opposite of 'Progress' is 'Congress'? - Unknown

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 13 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Somehow I think we're feeding this troll.

'He' says, " . . . and sell it in *MY* store . . .". IF he has a *any kind* of 'bricks & mortar' establishment he HAS to have ALREADY gotten some kind of State license and/or tax collection number, along with the information packet. If he hasn't, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the local L & I Department {odd, that they usually share offices with the local Tax Collection offices ? - HA !} WILL be 'visiting'.

Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

Reply to
Ron Magen