Sears Lathe Question

Page 2 of 2
On 5/31/2009 7:38 AM snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com spake thus:

So how, exactly, is that mish-mosh of results supposed to help the OP? So much for the usual lame-brain "just Google it" advice.

That "mish mosh" was simply an example of what the OP could easily have found to answer his question in the first place.
Its one thing to bring a serious query to the group after researching and finding a dearth of information or conflicting information and quite another to use an OP here to substitute for a little personal effort and responsibility.
Hell, he could have gone to most any decent Book Store and found three or nine books on beginning turning and browsed through them while sipping coffee and deciding if any were worth purchasing.
Then, after buying a basic set of turning tols and experimenting, he might have formed a question or three worth the efforts of the readers here.
On 6/1/2009 1:20 PM snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com spake thus:

Could have easily answered *nothing*. There wasn't one single link in that bunch that addressed his lather (a Sears).

Maybe.
A couple of people suggested the Old Woodworking Machines (OWWM) site. While it is an interesting and useful site, it has ABSOLUTELY NO information on his specific make of lathe (I searched it), so even that was not very good advice.
Like I've told others here: if you can't help someone, then it's best to just STFU.

spake thus:

I'm disinclined to favor "dittos" but..........ditto.
Max
Hi There,
Maybe I didn't word my OP correctly. I'm looking for information on the lathe itself, not about woodturning.
On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:20:48 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Is this the one you have or close to it. I have the same one I bought about 25 years , I would say it's a good for a hobbyist Mine has been apart for about 5 years. I believe there still made under deferent names . What kind of question do have, I also have the owners manual.
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/1191457331.html