Sears-->Kmart-->Craftsman Tools

Has anything been announced about the future of Craftsman tools.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

I doubt KMart will discontinue what is probably one of Sears biggest money making brands. But you never know. I haven't seen anything specifically about it.

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

They have to wait for Martha Stewart to get out of prison to address that strategy. Maybe they will add blue light specials in the tool department.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Craftsman isn't going anywhere. But you'll start to see it in Kmart. Ditto with DieHard. Reverse will be true for Martha Stewart stuff.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Tools aren't the brand. They could well continue the name, but apply it to almost anything, made anywhere, of any quality.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

No, but in announcing the sale, one reporter said that Craftsman tools have been losing market share.

Reply to
GregP

They will now be available in a range of pastel colors, coordinated to the Martha Stewart Jailware collection.

Dave "Not making a strap-on tools and womens' prison joke here" Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Would those come with the Billy Jean King seal of approval? No, that was Snap-On tools huh...

Reply to
John DeBoo

Martha Stewart's cake recipies will only have Craftsman files in them.

Reply to
Greg

Craftsman becomes Kraftsman.

Reply to
Daniel Martin

LOL! Or maybe "Kraftsperson" for bowing at the PC altar.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

According from what I have read and heard they will both share/sell their line of merchandise. Therefore I assume that you will be able to purchase Crapman tools at Kmart and Sears. This can change after the dust settles and they finalize their marketing strategies. Supposedly nothing wil change till mid 05. Now for the small print "this is subject to change at their discretion."

Reply to
dteckie

As a Sears employee, beleive me this came as a complete shock to all of us. From what I understand Sears is losing sales in deparments other than tools/auto/lawn and garden. On the other hand Craftsman tools have been keeping Sears alive and doing very well. It is mainly the clothing, shoes etc. departments that will see the impact. All of this will not take effect until mid 2005, we are not sure if Kmart will be carrying the Craftsman brand but we are sure the Martha will be seen in Sears.This of course is only the scuttlebutt that is making its way around the auto shop. But we have been hearing this from the managers. Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher

Yes, Craftsman will be merged into the Marth Stewart collection. You can expect an end to those boring colors and the introduction of plaid and floral prints in an array of coordinated colors to match any fellas desires for sprucing up the drab look of his shop. I can't wait to get that marvy new benchtop planer in the Hawaiian print.

They will also be introducing several "cross over" products. Imagine how nicely you'll be able to whip up a frothy sponge cake batter with the new wisk attachment for your router. Or how about those perfect slices of Turkey you can get with the new poultry attachment for the table saw miter gauge.

BW

Reply to
Bill Wallace

These days I doubt there is much difference between Craftsman and Bench Top or any of the other Asian brands Kmart sells.

Reply to
Greg

I think they're having a blue light special on aisle 2. ;-)

Reply to
Dwight

Oh yeah - and *we* always tell the truth! :)

Reply to
patrick conroy

Martha's designer professional hack saw blades and a 3 pack. The down side they are only available as "Fast Cut"!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Does this mean Craftsman will return to the good quality it was 20 years ago?

Reply to
Jim Giblin

Maybe they're already floating trial balloons - I just bought the cutest floral print 16' tape measure from the fortune cookie tool bin at Ace. Norm may be using one in the future. Bob Villa for sure will be!

Reply to
BUB 209