Sears-->Kmart-->Craftsman Tools

Page 1 of 2
Has anything been announced about the future of Craftsman tools.
I doubt KMart will discontinue what is probably one of Sears biggest money making brands. But you never know. I haven't seen anything specifically about it.

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:24:31 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"

Tools aren't the brand. They could well continue the name, but apply it to almost anything, made anywhere, of any quality.
--
Smert' spamionam

Does this mean Craftsman will return to the good quality it was 20 years ago?

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:37:35 GMT, "Jim Giblin"

Umm, three words, "Attention K-Mart Shoppers"
Any questions?

Jim Giblin asks:

Yeah. We really need some more of those great flex drive table saws.
Charlie Self "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Redd Foxx

They have to wait for Martha Stewart to get out of prison to address that strategy. Maybe they will add blue light specials in the tool department.
Bob
Martha's designer professional hack saw blades and a 3 pack. The down side they are only available as "Fast Cut"!

Craftsman isn't going anywhere. But you'll start to see it in Kmart. Ditto with DieHard. Reverse will be true for Martha Stewart stuff.
todd
As a Sears employee, beleive me this came as a complete shock to all of us. From what I understand Sears is losing sales in deparments other than tools/auto/lawn and garden. On the other hand Craftsman tools have been keeping Sears alive and doing very well. It is mainly the clothing, shoes etc. departments that will see the impact. All of this will not take effect until mid 2005, we are not sure if Kmart will be carrying the Craftsman brand but we are sure the Martha will be seen in Sears.This of course is only the scuttlebutt that is making its way around the auto shop. But we have been hearing this from the managers. Searcher1

Oh yeah - and *we* always tell the truth! :)
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:51:40 GMT, Keith Nuttle

No, but in announcing the sale, one reporter said that Craftsman tools have been losing market share.

(sarcasm mode on:)
Shocking!
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:40:03 -0600, Lazarus Long

... most likely to Home Depot, Lowes, etc....

They will now be available in a range of pastel colors, coordinated to the Martha Stewart Jailware collection.
Dave "Not making a strap-on tools and womens' prison joke here" Hinz
Dave Hinz wrote:

Would those come with the Billy Jean King seal of approval<G>? No, that was Snap-On tools huh...
Martha Stewart's cake recipies will only have Craftsman files in them.
Just wanted to let you know that that joke did not go over every one's head..........obscure but funny. I got it.
John DeBoo wrote:

not so obscure. possibly age related. I understood immediately.

Maybe they're already floating trial balloons - I just bought the cutest floral print 16' tape measure from the fortune cookie tool bin at Ace. Norm may be using one in the future. Bob Villa for sure will be!