Sears (Craftsman) 20 in Scrollsaw

I have an older (Model 1113.236400) Sears 20 in scrollsaw which needs some TLC. It is a variable speed which uses an encoder on the motor. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring schematic for this saw?

Thanks.

Reply to
cimobi

i checked

and looked up parts via model number

113.236400 and found that your owners manual is available for $7.49 from sears... buy it if you dont have it...
Reply to
dbird

Since you're looking for a schematic I assume the TLC required is because the saw doesn't run.

I see from the Sears parts list for the saw that it uses uses a "control board". Any schematic will most likely show the inputs/outputs, but will not show the printed circuit breakdown. Sears also has a nasty habit of using an acid wash to remove the manufactures ID's from the chips, making it very difficult to repair the board, forcing you to order a replacement board from them. If you suspect the control board may be the culprit check to see if you can identify the parts used (manufacturer's part numbers). The control board from Sears runs $150.

I ran into this problem with a Sears dishwasher and the bad circuit board was

90% of the cost of a new dishwasher.

Nova