Sears charges restocking fee

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaame here.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I know I'm coming to this thread, late, but I'm still trying to catch up on all the postings. Haven't read any in awhile.

I have a full page, large type, Sears ad. I've kept it (you just won't believe this) for more than 20 years. It's at home and I'm not, but it says in part..."We want you to be completely happy with any Sears purchase. If you're not, just return it for a full refund." That is approximately what it says. What it definitely says, and the most important part is: "No ifs, ands or buts."

I figure one day it may come in handy, but in truth, I've never had a problem with any return to Sears, whether it's tools, clothes, appliances or whatever. We even returned a washer and dryer after using them for almost a year. They came out a couple times to try to fix them, under warranty, but didn't have much luck. These weren't cheapies, either. Top of the line at the time, something like $1,500 for the pair. Sears didn't bat an eye, just a full refund with a smile. They may have changed their policy, lately, but I will still buy whatever I need and can't find better elsewhere, at Sears. Who know, one day I may have to take my long saved ad with me to the store.

Reply to
Phil Anderson