Sears CabinetTable Saw

which saw??

They have 3 that I've seen... from about $300 to around $900.. The one that retails for $999 and sells for around $800 - $850 seems to get pretty good reviews here, for a craftsman..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Charlie...

I thought they both had 1½ HP motors, so my bad. On the fence, the one that comes with the model #OR35505 $649 unit sure looked nice, and would probably be OK for many of us on a budget. They both include a dust chute/port, so hooking up a DC system shouldn't be too much of big deal. You gotta' understand I'm just a hack getting by with my

30-year old craftsman and its original fence.

Given the choice of that saw with the OEM fence and WWII blade and $200 large in my pocket vs the "better" sears saw with the Biese... I'm thinking about what other tool I could buy, or some nice wood, or maybe a night at Foxwoods!

Mike

Reply to
captmikey

I thought a cabinet saw is defined by having the trunnion attached the cabinet instead of to the top?

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Table saw power has been adequately covered in this thread, but I wanted to mention that a good partner to a low-power table saw is a band saw. If I have something really thick or tough to rip, I just rip it on my band saw. I can clean it up with my #7 jointer plane. Or, if I just bandsaw about 1/16" proud, I can quickly run it through the table saw to clean up that last 1/16, which will go very quickly with only one side of a kerf for the saw to deal with.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Reed

There is a good review of the Sears and other hybrid table saws in the current issue of Woodcraft magazine.

Reply to
Tom O'Connor